What are Google campaign groups?
When a set of Google Ads campaigns share a key performance indicator, they are called Campaign Groups. These groupings are helpful in tracking the overall performance of multiple campaigns with a similar goal.
They are useful in organizing campaigns in Google Ads for better management and optimization of advertising efforts.
- Campaign Groups allow advertisers to organize their advertising efforts more efficiently.
- They provide a broader view of campaigns and their performance.
- They allow shared settings, such as budgets and bidding strategies, for all campaigns in the group.
- Advertisers can apply optimizations more effectively by grouping campaigns with similar goals.
How does it work?
In Google Ads, an advertiser can create a Campaign Group and add multiple campaigns. Campaigns within the same group can share settings, such as budgets, targeting, and bidding strategies.
By grouping campaigns with similar goals, advertisers can view and analyze data at a higher level and apply optimizations more effectively.
For example, an advertiser can set a shared budget for all campaigns in the group or adjust bids based on the entire group's performance.
Campaign group tips
- Group campaigns by objective or theme.
- Share budgets and bidding strategies across campaigns in the same group.
- Analyze the performance of the entire group, not just individual campaigns.
- Adjust bids based on the performance of the entire group.
- Use automated bidding strategies to optimize bids across campaigns in the same group.
Example of a campaign group
Imagine that a clothing retailer has two campaigns running on Google Ads: one for summer dresses and another for winter jackets.
By creating a group and adding these two campaigns, the retailer can view and analyze data for both campaigns at a higher level.
He can set a shared budget for both campaigns and adjust bids based on the entire group's performance.
- Campaign groups are only available for Search, Display, and Video campaigns.
- A campaign can only belong to one group.
- You can use groups with other organization features in Google Ads, such as Labels and Custom Dimensions.
Can I add a campaign to multiple groups?
No, a campaign can only belong to one Campaign Group.
Can I adjust the settings of all campaigns in a group at once?
Yes, by adjusting the settings of the Campaign Group, you can apply changes to all campaigns in the group.
Can I use campaign groups for shopping campaigns?
No, campaign groups are not available for shopping campaigns.
Can I see the performance of each campaign in a group?
Yes, you can view the performance of each campaign in a group and the overall performance of the group.