What is 'Activity rate by channel'?
Activity rate by channel measures how often users engage with your ads across different advertising channels. This metric considers actions such as clicks, likes, shares, comments, and other relevant engagements in Google Ads.
You can use this information to see which channels drive the most engagement with your Google ads.
- Identify top-performing channels to help you determine where to spend your advertising budget.
- Improve your ads: Check which types of ad content work well on each channel to attract users. This knowledge can help you enhance your ad language and visuals to better connect with your desired audience.
- Boost campaign performance: Keep an eye on how your Google ads are doing on each platform to figure out what's working. Then you can make changes to your campaign to improve how well it performs.
How does it work?
To view the activity rate by channel metric in Google Ads, go to the Campaigns tab and select a campaign. Then, click on the Performance tab and scroll down to the Conversions section. The metric will be displayed under the Channel column.
Understanding 'Activity rate by channel'
In Google Ads, this metric shows the percentage of users who click on an ad from a specific channel and then take a desired action, such as buying a product or signing up for a newsletter. The medium can be anything from search to display to video.
It can be used to track the performance of your Google Ads campaigns and identify which channels are driving the most conversions.
For example, if you see that the activity rate by channel for search ads is much higher than the one for display ads, it might mean that your search ads are more effective at driving conversions.
You can also use the metric to compare the performance of different campaigns or ad groups. For example, you can compare the activity rate by channel for a new campaign to the activity rate by channel for an existing campaign to see if the new campaign is performing better.
This is a valuable tool that can help you improve the performance of your Google Ads campaigns. By tracking this metric, you can identify which channels are driving the most conversions and make adjustments to your campaigns accordingly.
Here are some additional things to keep in mind about the activity rate by channel metric:
- The activity rate by channel metric is calculated based on the number of conversions, not the number of clicks. This means that a channel with a high activity rate may not necessarily have a high click-through rate.
- The metric can be affected by a number of factors, such as the targeting of your ads, the quality of your landing pages, and the competition in your industry.
- It is important to track the activity rate by channel over time to see how it changes. This can help you identify trends and make necessary adjustments to your campaigns.