What is Abandonment-rate?
Abondment-rate is the percentage of users who click on a Google Ads ad but then leave the landing page without completing the desired action. This could be anything from making a purchase to signing up for a free trial or downloading a white paper.
A high abandonment rate can be a sign of several problems, such as:
- A poorly designed landing page
- A confusing or difficult checkout process
- Unclear or misleading messaging
- Technical issues with the website
By optimizing your landing pages and conversion funnels, you can reduce abandonment rates and improve the overall effectiveness of your Google Ads campaigns.
Tips for reducing abandonment rates in Google Ads
- Make sure your landing pages are well-designed and easy to use.
- Use clear and concise messaging that tells users what you want them to do.
- Remove any unnecessary distractions from the landing page.
- Make sure your checkout process is simple.
- Test different versions of your landing pages and conversion funnels to see what works best.
- Number of Abandoned Actions is the count of users who abandoned the process (e.g., left the website without making a purchase)
- Total Number of Actions is the total count of users who initiated the process (e.g., clicked on the ad)