Responsive search ads (RSA) offer a dynamic approach to advertising. It allows your ad content to adapt to various user queries, so they can resonate with your message.
You can boost your ad campaign's performance by harnessing the power of AI and thoughtful ad copy. This will help drive higher click-through rates and conversions.
We walk you through the step-by-step process of creating responsive search ads.
- Sign in to Your Google Ads Account.
- Select Campaign and Ad Group. Then choose the ad group for which you want to create an RSA.
3. Next, navigate to Ads & Assets.
4. Click on the “+” Button: Click on the blue “+” button to create a new ad.
5. Choose “Responsive Search Ad” from the dropdown.
6. Enter Your Headlines: Write at least 3 headlines (up to 15) that are relevant to your product or service. Each headline should be around 30 characters. Make them engaging and varied.
7. Enter at least 2 descriptions (up to 4) for your RSA. Each description should be around 90 characters. These should complement your headlines and provide more information about your offering.
8. Add Final URL and Path Fields: Enter the final URL of the landing page where users will go after clicking the ad. You can also add optional “Path” fields, which are display URLs that appear with your ad. These are often used to provide more context about the landing page.
9. Click the “Preview” button to see how your ad might look on different devices.
10. If you're satisfied with the ad, click the “Save” button to create the responsive search ad. It will be submitted for review by Google Ads.
Following these steps, you can create a responsive search ad relevant to your target audience and optimized for clicks and conversions.
Tips for Successful RSA Google Ads
Here are some extra tips for creating successful, responsive search ads:
- Use a variety of headlines and descriptions to appeal to different users.
- Make sure your headlines are clear, concise, and attention-grabbing.
- Use strong verbs and action words in your descriptions.
- Include keywords in your headlines and descriptions, but don't overdo it.
- Track the performance of your ads and make adjustments as needed.
With a little effort, you can create responsive search ads that help you achieve your marketing goals.